Thursday, April 21, 2005

The First of Many Posts...

Hello everyone! This is my first post on our new restaurant review blog. For a long time I have been told that I should write reviews about food. I have an opinion on everything ;-)

I've enlisted the help of fellow foodie Denice and we can chit and chat about all the culinary adventures we have.

Last night we went to La Mediterranee in San Francisco. We had tried to go to the Fillmore location before, but were arrived at a packed spot with a long line and we were short on patience. Hunger is a vicious beast. So it was a lovely surprise to find the other outlet in San Francisco off of Market, and it was a larger space as well.

We found parking rather easily...another plus. (however, i think that was just good parking karma, because the city is notorious for not having adequate parking.)


We strolled right in and got a table. The service was good, staff friendly, and we ordered the Meze platter--at $13.50 per person, you basically get to try the entire menu...but only a little bit of each thing so even items you didnt like you were not bound to. The presentation was excellent. It was reminiscent of Korean BBQ where you get all these little small bowls of things. They used large shells as little platters, and it was so cute. We got to try 10 items off the menu. I think the only thing we didn't like was the baba ganoush. (Weird consistency)

The rest of it was lovely. My surprise favorite was the chicken drumstick with pomegranate marinade. It was quite tender and very flavorful. The hummous was good too...gosh I could go on and on.

I would definitely eat there again.

My rating: Good Times.

No comments: