Sunday, April 24, 2005

Culinary Delights in the City of Angels

Over the last couple of weeks I have been dined out at some lovely LA area restaurants.

First I went to breakfast at the Hotel Georgian in Santa Monica. Unassuming when you walk in, we sat in the lobby and ate brunch there. I had a french toast souffle that was to die for. So light and airy. It also came with a syrup that was more like a brown sugar than a maple as well as some fresh berries. It was simply divine. I highly recommend it. Angela had the bagel and lox with cream cheese. However, I was more than content with my incredible meal. I also got a side of potatoes. I am not one to shun the carbs as you can see.

Our next meal out was at the Newsroom on Robertson Ave in Beverly Hills. I had an egg white scramble with cremini mushrooms, chives, fontina, spinach and truffle oil. It was good...however i think they burned it a little bit. I ate most of it though. I just picked out the burned parts.

Both places I would go to again. Definitely would have the souffle again, but would probably have something else at the Newsroom. If anyone can find that souffle recipe for me, I would be so appreciative.

The following week for Dee's party we went to Il Moro for dinner. I had some fish of some kind...it was...brandisi(?) i think. Anyway it was good. they also had a lovely creme caramel dessert that i liked.

The next morning, my hungover-ridden body went to eat at a cute little cafe in santa monica. I wish i could remember the name because it was truly lovely. I had a yummy belgian waffle, but i was jealous of the feta scramble that rachel had. the restaurant melted the feta into the eggs so the eggs were creamier. Amazing.

happy dining.

No comments: